Toasted buckwheat sidedish
Another gluten free option to serve as a carb alternative to you main meal
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 5 minutes, Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 300 g uncooked roasted buckwheat groats
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- To finish the dish:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- ground black pepper, to taste
- finely chopped spring onions
- Add the buckwheat and stock into the Soup maker, close the lid and select the Compote program.
- When the program is ready leave the appliance closed for 10 minutes until the buckwheat is tender but still firm.
- Open the lid, drain excessive stock and add to a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, toss well and serve as a side dish to your meal.
- Chef’s tip: Try combining buckwheat and lentils together in the Soup maker as base for a salad.