The Philips facial hair remover operates on one 1.5V AA alkaline battery. A low battery may result in a poor shaving experience, which may lead to pulling of hair and skin irritation. Replace the battery when the performance of the device begins to decline. Remove the battery if you do not intend to use your Philips facial hair remover for a long time. Follow the steps below to replace the battery as needed.
- Remove the battery compartment by turning the bottom part of the handle until the ‘unlock’ indicator (V) is aligned with the setting indicator (·) on the top part of the handle.
- Pull the battery compartment cover off the handle.
- Place the battery in the battery compartment. Ensure the + and - poles of the battery point in the right direction.
- Slide the battery compartment cover back onto the handle.
- Turn the battery compartment cover until the locked indicator (O) is aligned with the setting indicator (·) on the top part of the handle.