1. Wet the bristles of the brush head
2. Apply a small amount of toothpaste (size of a pea). Too much toothpaste will create too much foam that will run down the handle.
3. Place the bristles against your teeth at a 45° angle, towards the gum line, and close your mouth around the brush head (to prevent spattering while brushing).
4. Press the power button to start brushing
5. Apply light pressure and move the brush head slowly across the teeth in a small back and forth motion, allowing the brush to do the work
6. Continue this motion throughout your brushing cycle
Some Philips Sonicare Toothbrush models come with a Quadpacer feature. If you have the Quadpacer feature, you can divide your mouth into four sections (see image step 6). The Quadpacer will vibrate intermittently to tell you to move on to the next section.
**Note**: Do not scrub. To maximize, only apply light pressure and let the toothbrush do the brushing for you. Push the brush head firmly onto the handle. A small gap between the brush head and toothbrush handle is normal and necessary.