Every software update solves different issues. A software update ensures that your TV is performing optimally in accordance with the latest technological developments.
To check if there is new software available for your TV, you have to check if the software version on the Philips support website is higher than the software version in your TV and update it if necessary.
Follow these procedures to check the current software version on your TV:
- Press the ‘MENU' button on the remote control to access the main menu.
- Press the cursor down to select SOFTWARE UPDATE and press the cursor right.
- Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO to display the current software version on your TV set.
Check the software version against the latest TV software on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version posted on the website means your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instruction in the user manual or readme file of the firmware upgrade on how to upgrade your software.
The latest software solves the issues below:
NOTE: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
- The TV switches off by itself. Intermittent vertical lines are seen on-screen with high pitch noise before the TV switches off
- HDMI compatibility issue with LG Home Theater system, model HT762PZ
- The position and display size of the volume and mute icons has been changed to classic format (small display size)
- The favourite list has been changed from 4 lists to 1 list of favourite channels
- Buzzing sound is heard when you change between no signal channels
- Manual search feature does not perform the automatic channel search with the OK key
- Intermittent sound loss after channel change or when you change from VGA source to HDMI source
- Initial production release