Unplug the power adapter after use.
Never immerse the motor unit into the water nor use water to rinse the outside of the motor unit (including the top unit handle, control panel, upper plug, upper plug connector, and the power cord connector). Do not immerse the base of the soup maker in water either. This is to prevent water leaking in, and cause a short circuit or an electric shock.
After cleaning, just air-dry or use a dry cloth to wipe off leftover water.
If you air-dry the soup maker, make sure you place it at a well ventilated indoor environment. Avoid placing it under the direct sunlight for too long. This is to prevent any color fading of the pot exterior.