- The heating plate and/or pot are not completely clean. Make sure you clean the heating plate and the pot properly after each use.
- The appliance may produce some smoke when you use it for the first time. It is normal for a new product to produce an unpleasant smell or emit some smoke when it is first used. This phenomenon stops after you have used the appliance a few times.
- The appliance may have been running for too long.
- Switch off and unplug the appliance immediately
- Let the appliance cool down for 60 minutes
- Plug the appliance in again and switch the appliance on again
If the problem persists, please contact your local Philips dealer or an authorized Philips service centre.