Whether you’re an electric shaver novice or have been using it for a while, there are certain things you need to keep in mind to make the most of your shaving experience. Follow this step-by-step guide for a wet or dry protective shave and you will be ready with an ultra-groomed look in no time!
- For a dry shave, first off, make sure your facial hair is not too long. Too much length will lead to yanking, leading to an uncomfortable shave, or worse, skin bumps. You want to make sure you’re donning nothing more than stubble. If required, first use a trimmer and then the shaver, both of which are built into the Philips AquaTouch S5050/06.
- Use the shaver at a right-angle, moving against the direction of your hair growth, using circular motion. This will minimize skin irritability as well as reduce shaving time.
- If you have the time for a wet shave, wash your face with a cleanser and plenty of warm water to soften the hair and get rid of excess oil. You can even apply an alcohol-based pre-shave product to achieve dry skin. Regular baby powder will do the trick too.
- Next, massage some gel or foam onto your face and neck and leave it on for about 5 minutes before shaving. This will allow the stubble’s coarse lining to soften up as well.
- Always remember to run the shaver against the grain. Use your free hand to slightly pull and tighten the skin so the hair is standing upright for a cleaner cut. Never use extensive pressure with the shaver on your skin, which may lead to irritability. The rounded profile heads of the Philips AquaTouch S5050/06 will give you a close shave without the threat of nicks and cuts.
- Tackle sensitive areas like the neck first as shavers generate heat. Going over more delicate parts first will ensure the least amount of heat used. Avoid going over such spots repeatedly. The Philips AquaTouch S5050/06 comes with 5-direction Flex Heads with 5 independent movements for just the right amount of skin contact, especially right for sensitive areas.
- Due to the gel or foam, the blades may have more resistance, in turn using more power. Thus, make sure the shaver has enough charge in it.
- Clean your shaver after each use. This is one of the reasons why it’s crucial to opt for a completely waterproof electric shaver. This step will simply help in making the tool last much longer.
The Philips AquaTouch Electric Shaver is an answer to all of your major shaving problems. All you need to do is use it to its full potential!